Assistant Professor of Pediatric Gastroenterology
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine (UKCM) and the Kentucky Children's Hospital seek a pediatric gastroenterologist at the Assistant level for a faculty position. The Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition section continues in a growth and development mode to expand clinical, research, and training activities with the requisite resources. Research and quality improvement opportunities are available including through the development of a section database and surveillance system infrastructure integrated into clinical services. Emphasis is given to career development of faculty.
Those with special interest in hepatology, intestinal rehabilitation, or functional gastrointestinal disorders are encouraged to apply, although this is not a prerequisite. Rank is negotiable, depending on qualifications. The successful candidate will be board certified/eligible in pediatrics and board certified/eligible in pediatric gastroenterology. The position is available immediately, but starting date is negotiable.
UK Healthcare, the clinical enterprise of the University of Kentucky, encompasses multiple medical campuses as well as the clinical activities of all six health care colleges. Kentucky Children's Hospital serves as a subspecialty regional referral and pediatric care center for the state of Kentucky as well as parts of West Virginia, Tennessee, and Ohio. Kentucky Children's Hospital is the region's level I pediatric trauma center including a state of the art pediatric emergency department. Additionally, in 2017, UK embarked on a partnership with Shriner's Children's Hospital, a premier Pediatric Orthopedic organization. This venture includes the Shriner's newly built clinic space opening on the UK Healthcare campus and all inpatient care of these patients be performed in KCH.
Located in the beautiful Bluegrass Region, Lexington provides outstanding quality of life with a progressive and vibrant University community. Lexington is notable for the friendliness of the South and with affordable housing, outstanding school options, excellent cultural, artistic, and dining venues, and collegiate sports. With a population in excess of 475,000, Greater Lexington offers many desirable features of large cities but with ease of access. In addition to an avid sports community, Kentucky has several lakes and rivers with readily accessible outdoor activities, including the Red River Gorge.
For more information, contact:
George J. Fuchs, MD
Professor and Vice Chair, Pediatrics
Chief, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
University of Kentucky College of Medicine
138 Leader Ave, Office 209
Lexington, KY 40506
Tel. 859 218-1676, Fax. 859 257-7799
Please include a CV along with application. Applications will be reviewed immediately, and will continue until filled.
Assistant Professor of Pediatric Gastroenterology
7H656:PEDIATRICS - GASTROENTEROLOGY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MD, DO or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Completed Pediatric Residency and fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Ky Medical License or eligible.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter