Assistant Professor of Digestive Diseases
The Department of Internal Medicine is seeking an attending physician at the Assistant Professor level for digestive diseases. Duties include, but are not limited to:
*Participation in the Clinical Gastroenterology Programs within the Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition at the University of Kentucky.
*Serve as an Attending and/or Consulting Physician at the UK HealthCare Hospitals and/or the Veterans Administration Hospital.
*Patient care responsibilities will include clinical hepatology services at UK HealthCare and possibly other outreach clinics.
*Provide teaching and supervision of residents and medical students in all clinical settings (inpatient, outpatient, and clinical research subjects). Will be an active participant in postgraduate education/CME efforts.
*Serve on appropriate Division, Department, University, Hospital and College committees.
*Participation in Continuing Education Programs at the College of Medicine.
Please include a CV along with application. Applications will be reviewed immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Assistant Professor of Digestive Diseases
Digestive Diseases Clinical Physician
7H358:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - GASTROEN
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MD degree or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Completion of fellowship training in Gastroenterology or equivalent
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Ky Medical License within 30 days of appointment
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter