Career Advisor Senior
The newly launched Lewis Honors College seeks candidates for an Assessment Associate to serve in a leadership role for the Center for Personal Development. The center provides a holistic approach to student growth and development as they explore their purpose in life. Staff work individually with students to identify potential barriers, develop academic, career, and life goals, as well as implement plans for success. The center provides individual counseling and programs specifically designed for honors students that focus on assessment and personal reflection, professional development, experiential education, and post-graduate pursuits.
The Assessment Associate provides leadership for the team in regard to personal reflection resources, tools, services, programs, and partnerships. Assessments utilized include: Indigo, DISC, Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory, CareerLeader, Career Thoughts Inventory, and various other tools that explore students' values, interests, personality, skills, and leadership styles. This position plans student assessment and reflection workshops/programs, mentors staff on assessment interpretation and best practices, and manages related vendor relationships and assessment inventory. Additional programming areas that this position is responsible for planning (in collaboration with internal and external partners) include personal management and self-care (stress and anxiety management, positivity, boundaries, and mindfulness, etc).
The position also serves as one of five counselors that meet regularly with a designated subset of honors students. Sessions with students are focused on individualized interpretation of assessments, exploration of career paths, addressing potential barriers to success, decision-making, connecting to internship, graduate school, and career opportunities, and preparing for the transition from college to next steps.
Central to the success of this position is developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of constituents including: Lewis Honors College staff and faculty, campus career development teams, and university student support services (like the counseling center, student health, and student involvement).
Career Advisor Senior
8C000: Honors College
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
sitting for long periods of time; lifting of objects up to 25 pounds
8:00 am - 5:00 pm with some evenings and weekends possible
Competencies and qualities necessary include: adherence to FERPA and NCDA ethical guidelines, excellent customer service, counseling skills, and credentials with assessments (certifications or qualifying programs).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
MA/MS in Counseling, Psychology, Human Resources, Training & Organizational Development or Student Affairs; Appropriate certification or qualifying training program to include Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
7 years of related experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your level of experience in the use of assessment tools such as the MBTI, SII and DISC.
- a) I have related certifications or have completed qualification programs
- b) I have used these tools in individual counseling or group sessions, but do not have credentials
- c) I have been exposed to these tools and am familiar with them
- d) I do not have experience with these types of tools.
- * 2) Which best describes your level of experience in providing individual counseling (career, academic, advising, life coaching) with students or employees
- a) I have over 7 years of experience in this specific area
- b) I have between 5-7 years of experience in this specific area
- c) I have less than 5 years of experience in the specific area
- d) I do not have experience in this specific area
- * 3) I have worked directly in the fields of higher education, training and organizational development, counseling, or career services.
- a) Yes
- b) No
- * 4) What would be your approach to getting honors students involved in personal reflection programs and services?
(Open Ended Question)
- * 5) Describe an effective partnership you developed in the delivery of a program or event.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter