Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Marketing
Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Marketing
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Assistant Director, Enrollment Management (EM) Marketing supports the planning, development, and implementation of marketing initiatives to increase graduate business program enrollment. This position will be responsible for concepting, developing, and producing marketing materials and campaigns, monitoring and measuring their effectiveness, and helping achieve student enrollment goals.
- Partners with EM Operations, EM Recruiting, and other stakeholders to develop compelling content to effectively communicate program benefits to prospective students. Implements content and messaging across web, print, e-mail, and other channels to improve applicant experience and engagement.
- Creates effective messaging that is supported by research for various target audience segments defined by user characteristics and applicant status.
- Ensures accurate and timely information is conveyed through the school web site and partner platforms to reflect current key messaging, including the use of multi-media content.
- Develops student and alumni stories and testimonials for use in various communications, collateral, and promotional materials.
- Develops video assets for use in digital communications, in partnership with marketing team and outside vendors. Oversees post-production audio/video editing, as needed.
- Assists in analyzing enrollment data, marketing metrics, industry reports, and other data sources to uncover insights and trends used to evolve enrollment management best practices, inform program recruitment and retention plans, and identify and respond to challenges in meeting enrollment goals.
- Uses research and data analysis to increase effectiveness of student communication plans, including improved messaging and segmentation of key audiences to allow more impactful and targeted communications throughout the recruiting cycle.
- Leads student focus groups to gather feedback regarding admissions/recruiting practices, and identifies key messaging and strategies that resonate with target audiences.
- Supports EM team with execution of recruitment marketing initiatives (i.e. e-mail, direct mail, digital/print advertising, lead generation activities, and promotions).
- Supports programs with planning and execution of yield management plans through development of strategies that will enhance conversion rates (i.e. communication plans, admitted student touch points, and new student onboarding resources).
- Supports evening and weekend on-campus recruitment events for prospective students.
- Develops a high-level of proficiency with contact management, communications, and applications systems. Assists as staff resource for questions/training and serves as backup for critical EM Operations roles.
- Executes processes, events and other enrollment management experiences that align with the School’s strategic vision, in collaboration with faculty and staff.
- Collaborates and engages with all University colleagues to realize excellence.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, students, alumni, and third-party vendors.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in developing messaging with understanding of content development based on audience.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable with data and working in database systems.
- Strategic thinker that can identify trends and implement plans to address challenges and support enrollment growth and success.
- Collaborative team member that can bring new ideas and creativity to role.
- Ability to take direction and work independently in a changing environment.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends during select events and peak times.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Three to five years of experience in marketing, admissions, student recruitment, or higher education.
- Design experience with Adobe CS.
- Knowledge of html coding and prior experience with website design and maintenance.
- Experience in video production, editing, and distribution.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States