Web Developer and Digital Marketing Analyst
Web Developer and Digital Marketing Analyst
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Web Developer & Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for developing and managing the School’s online presence, including the website, digital marketing execution, and SEO/SEM. Designs, codes, upgrades, enhances, and maintains the technical functionality, content, availability, and effectiveness of the School’s website. Develops, implements, and maintains School’s online presence across digital marketing, social media, and referral platforms either directly or through agency and vendor partners. Advises internal partners in development of the School’s overall online strategy and presence.
- Develops and maintains PHP, MySQL, and HTML sites.
- Provides technical expertise in front- and back-end web development; understand responsive builds and browser compatibility for front-end development.
- Supports web infrastructure by providing end-user support, applications maintenance, product evaluation, back-end development, and internal management tools.
- Suggests improvements of builds and technology.
- Performs QA testing and rollout.
- Supports and maintains all School of Business WordPress sites including installing security patches for WP and WP plug-ins.
- Implements SEO best practices across all modes of website development.
- Implements or directs the implantation of online advertising and social media marketing strategies developed in coordination with internal and external partners.
- Develops and maintains Google Analytics measurement platform; reports summary results regularly to key internal partners.
- Provides regular impact analysis of all online efforts, whether implemented internally or through an outside vendor.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field and three years of web development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional experience developing websites, to include event microsites.
- Experience in:
- Developing online content management strategies to deliver organizational objectives.
- Technical management of online marketing and social media campaigns.
- Creating, customizing, and building WordPress sites (including custom themes and plugins).
- Translating Photoshop design comps and wireframes into working HTML templates.
- Implementing digital advertising with AdWords, including automation of rules and processes.
- Technical Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of UI/UX design.
- Understanding of cross platform/browser compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of MySQL database and SQL scripting.
- Comfortable with development on a LAMP stack.
- Comfortable with UNIX commands and able to read and write simple scripts in Bash.
- Experience with third-party APIs (i.e. JSON, XML, and Ajax) and consuming SOAP via WSDL.
- Experience managing code repositories using Git.
- Experience with developing mobile friendly, mobile first, responsive design (i.e. Bootstrap and Foundation).
- Familiar with SEO best practices including Google’s Search Console and Webmaster Tools.
- Familiar with Google Analytics properties.
- Familiar with cutting edge web technologies and practices such as OOP in PHP5.4+; creating dynamic websites with PHP frameworks (i.e. CodeIgniter).
- Ability to work collaboratively on projects.
- Ability to learn and integrate new technologies (i.e. React) into current environments.
- Goal driven, ability to quickly respond to issues and complete assigned tasks.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States