Interim Director, Center for Impactful Business Analytics (Limited Term)
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Interim Director leads a comprehensive planning effort to articulate and develop a Center for Impactful Business Analytics (CIBA) at the School of Business at Wake Forest University. This center will evolve from the Center for Retail Innovation (CRI), which has been in operation for over five years. The Interim Director will craft a plan for the evolved CIBA, while also managing the ongoing work that carries over from the CRI. To that end, the Interim Director will assist in the implementation of the Impactful Concept from the School of Business educational framework, manage the interim day-to-day operations, and direct the work of interim Center staff.
This is a six-month position to guide the planning phase of the CIBA. By February 1, produce a plan that is evidence-based, and therefore significant research (including market research) will be required. This research should be planned and executed in collaboration with our internal market research staff, as well as with the center’s faculty advisors.
- Completes analyses of the markets for business analytics education and academic centers.
- Refines the value proposition for the Center for Impactful Business Analytics, based on market research on attractiveness to industry sectors and partner firms that may be potential members.
- Determines what, if any, role the Retail Learning Labs will have in the evolved center.
- Constructs a business plan, including all sources of expense (i.e. activities and staffing), revenue, and other funding.
- Outlines a full tactical roll-out plan for years one through three (i.e. what activities, with what purpose, and involving what internal (faculty, staff, or students) and external participants (partner corporations or others)?).
- Provides data-grounded answers to key questions, which results from the evolution of the center from its current focus as a Center for Retail Innovation to a broader mission as a Center for Impactful Business Analytics.
- Presents a comprehensive center proposal to the School of Business Leadership Team for approval.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Graduate’s degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant areas of analytics, quantitative methods, and effective “Presentation Zen” style communication.
- Strong knowledge of the landscape of academic centers in Business Analytics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Center’s mission and the Impactful Concept, as outlined in the School of Business educational framework.
- Demonstrated connection to the business marketplace.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- PhD in a relevant field.
- Experience with center administration.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States