Technical Support Coordinator I
Technical Support Coordinator I
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Technical Support Coordinator I provides tier-one support for all Information Technology products and services at the School of Business. Creates a positive customer support experience through problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly, and handling customers with a professional demeanor.
- Provides tier-one support for all Information Technology products and services at the School of Business. Support includes answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. Includes in-person, phone, email, and other written forms of contact.
- Provides support for Apple hardware, software, and mobile devices. Support includes the deployment of Macs and iPads, troubleshooting software (OS, iOS, and iCloud services) and hardware (laptops, desktops, and mobile devices).
- Serves as first point of contact for the department by staffing the front desk. This includes managing walk-in customers, answering the central Help Desk phone line and managing the incident management system.
- Resolves as many customer requests as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures/policies for the handling of requests. Escalates more complex requests to other team members when appropriate.
- Follows established procedures in answering calls and established walk-in procedures. Tracks and thoroughly documents all problems and resolutions.
- Anticipates customer needs and takes appropriate action by utilizing analytical and problem-solving techniques to determine root cause of all problems. Provides feedback to customers on the status of their problems; keeps the user informed.
- Expands capabilities to resolve a broader range of problems through continual learning via peers and/or online training materials. Increases awareness and knowledge of hardware and software applications utilized at the School of Business and WFU.
- Manages and monitors department’s equipment library to ensure accurate inventory records. Corresponds with customers regarding checkout equipment.
- Assists other members of the School of Business IT team with various tasks and projects as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience with particular emphasis in problem solving, technical support, and customer service. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service through strong interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal, and listening); demonstrating empathy, flexibility, patience, a deep commitment to excellence in service with both technical and non-technical staff when helping users solve their technology-related business issues.
- Knowledgeable of Windows computing environments, mobile devices, Google G Suite (mail, calendar, drive, etc.), and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in the Apple ecosystem including OS, iOS, iCloud, Apple Configurator 2, and Apple hardware.
- Possess strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills; the ability to research, troubleshoot, and understand complex problems effectively and create well-reasoned solutions.
- Strong attention to detail when it comes to documenting technical issues, corresponding with customers, and maintaining checkout inventory.
- Ability to work productively with others, communicate effectively, and demonstrate flexibility in working with different performance styles.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow through on projects; strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional, dependable, and punctual demeanor.
- Ability to work after hours, weekends and/or on-call, as specified by supervisor.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Apple Certified Support Professional certification.
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States