*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Supplier Administrator maintains supplier qualifications process and ensures suppliers meet established standards to protect University from risk and provide best value. Assists and ensures that the University is getting maximum value on each procurement dollar and promotes the University’s values related to procurement and supplier relations.
- Maintains supplier database including data entry of suppliers into ERP system and updating supplier records to ensure current information is on record.
- Supports suppliers with use of Workday supplier portal tool including, access to portal, purchase order lookup, catalog edits, and payment history.
- Assists with testing of new Workday release features related to suppliers and provides valuable feedback to Workday Procurement Lead.
- Reviews and investigates order problems as needed, taking appropriate action and providing feedback to Workday Procurement Lead and other appropriate personnel.
- Validates supplier W-9 data with IRS site and debarment lists to verify supplier information and qualifications to reduce risk to the University.
- Coordinates supplier requests with Strategic Sourcing team to maintain our supplier database. Effectively communicates with suppliers interested in doing business with the University and tracks their contact information in a spreadsheet.
- Assists with Workday supplier training and ensures their questions are answered within a timely manner and under the guidelines of Procurement policies and procedures.
- Partners with accounts payable to ensure supplier data agrees with both departments’ needs and goals.
- Ensures record retention needs are met for suppliers and in compliance with financial services’ policies and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking Certificates of Insurance effective dates and coverage amounts in Workday. Regularly runs reports to identify expiring certificates and debriefs Workday Procurement Lead on data. Verifies coverage exceptions with Senior Risk Manager.
- Collaborates with accounts payable to assist suppliers with inquiries about payment methods, payment history and payment terms.
- Identifies process improvements and communicates them to Workday Procurement Lead to identify value and efficiencies.
- Reviews and maintains University’s employee discount website available to all employees. Coordinates with Human Resources to effectively communicate discounts to campus community.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associates degree plus one to three years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Introductory knowledge of procurement functions and principles.
- Data entry skills.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel), email, internet.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Procurement experience.
- Workday software proficiency.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States