Team Building and Training Supervisor
Team Building and Training Supervisor
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: Under minimal supervision, plans, organizes, and coordinates a variety of recreation and teambuilding programs, services, events, and activities for the Conference Center. Manages various projects assigned by the General Manager and Director, Food and Beverage.
- Supervises and coordinates all team building and recreational activities for the Conference Center, both on-site and off-site.
- Communicates closely with clients to identify all aspects of upcoming program.
- Plans, coordinates, schedules, promotes, and evaluates a variety of programs including elements courses and teambuilding activities.
- Negotiates client contracts using current polices and guidelines, ensuring accuracy.
- Submits orders for equipment and supplies ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Conducts periodic check of facilities and equipment in the activity area for safety, cleanliness, and good repair. Assumes storage responsibilities; teaches and monitors proper use of equipment.
- Recruits, selects, train, schedules, and evaluates part-time employees and volunteers to assist, as needed. Maintains the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Develops activity and teambuilding plans to assist in the planning and pre-selling process to clientele. Develops and implements recommendations for activity improvements.
- Adheres to the policies of the Conference Center as set forth in the Employee Handbook and reports any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies for the departments.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma.
- Strong interpersonal and the ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing. Strong understanding of English language, including proper grammar and diction. Ability to express and relate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and the internet. Proficiency in advanced computer programs for publishing various promotional documents (such as Adobe, InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop).
- Excellent customer service skills. Must have enthusiasm, patience, and sense of humor and self-control.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and coordinate details of a meeting. Ability to work under deadlines.
- Knowledge of the History of Graylyn, capacity of meeting and dining rooms, features of guest rooms. (Training available.)
- Knowledge of accommodations, dining/ meeting facilities, and support services. (Training available.)
- Skill in public speaking and facilitating; ability to give presentations to VIP clients.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, budgeting, and program needs analysis.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, procedures, and philosophy of recreation programming.
- Ability to achieve and maintain annual CPR and first aid certifications.
- Knowledge of team sports and ability to teach, lead, and referee.
- Ability to organize, direct, and supervise activities of groups using recreation facilities.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement various activities simultaneously. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Must have good character, integrity, and adaptability. Ability to relate to one’s peer group.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain the
- Ability to meet requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
- Medium work. Standing, crouching, climbing, kneeling, twisting, reaching, talking, hearing, repetitive motions. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, cold, and noise.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with one year related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous team building experience, training, hospitality, or leisure service experience with CPR certification.
- Responsible for own work.
- Supervises, trains, provides work direction and problem solving assistance for less experienced staff. Responsible for directing team leaders for recreational activities.
- Responsible for accuracy of all promotional literature.
- Accountable for attaining established revenue goals and operating within set budget.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
To help provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States