Accounts Payable Manager
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Accounts Payable Manager manages the Accounts Payable employees responsible for invoice and expense data entry (non-shared service employees), tax preparation and filing and research for federal and state taxes that relate to Accounts Payable. Prepares, reviews, and analyzes account reconciliations and journal entries pertaining to Accounts Payable. This position is responsible for assisting the Director, Accounts Payable (AP) with any special projects by demonstrating the employee’s knowledge and willingness to implement efficiencies or process changes.
- Manages four full-time employees that are responsible for invoicing functions, Pcard review, student disbursements, and employee expense reimbursements.
- Manages the annual 1099-MISC process, including tax research on law changes and obtaining proper tax forms for filing.
- Partners with Payroll on at least a quarterly basis to analyze the 1099 file as compared to the W-2 file. Rectifies any discrepancies between the two files.
- Prepares and files tax filings for the following: Receipt Tax, Personal Service Tax, Sales and Use Tax, and Amusement Tax, and Sales and Use Tax Refund.
- Reviews / audits University Procurement Card transactions for compliance with federal and state tax regulations pertaining to Accounts Payable, as well as University policies and procedures.
- Assists with mid-year and fiscal year closing processes by preparing necessary journal or accrual entries, analyzing certain account codes by preparing reconciliations, and comparison of data from previous fiscal year for anomalies and reports those to Financial Accounting and Reporting and Director, Accounts Payable.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly account reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for month-end close (multiple charts).
- Suggests improvements in processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of Accounts Payable processes.
- Identifies root causes to Accounts Payable issues and identify and implement solutions.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Three years’ experience in Accounts Payable or general accounting.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of 1099 processing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment across multiple levels of the University.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Perform quality work within deadlines and without direct supervision.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all duties and assignments.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards and practices.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associates degree
- Responsible for own work.
- Manages staff/student workers.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States