*Cover letter is required with application.*
The Software Engineer is responsible for development of customizations of the Blackbaud eCRM fundraising system, with increasing opportunities in the mobile and Web space. This position will work both independently and in a team setting, generating innovative solutions using all technical tools available with an opportunity to recommend additional tools. This position will focus on writing and testing high-quality code to meet requirements of functional users; documenting and remediating issues; and development of labor estimation/timelines.
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to gain expertise with the following technologies: Blackbaud Enterprise CRM SDK, SQL/T-SQL, Angular, APIs, mobile app development, VB.NET, ASP.NET, UI/UX, information system interfaces, business intelligence, data mining and “big data”, data visualization, and web services.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs, and maintains custom code.
- Translates detailed and complicated technical ideas into understandable, durable documents; ensures compliance with documentation standards.
- Performs robust testing with reasonable business cases, considers fringe cases, and discusses unit testing plans with functional users.
- Participates in the selection of programming approach, tools, and techniques to best meet business requirements.
- Collaborates in the creation and review of detailed project estimates and work plans.
- Participates in code reviews and ensure quality standards are achieved for changes, enhancements, standards compliance, and systems interoperability.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Significant (four or more years) experience with SQL, preferably with SQL Server.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work successfully in teams or individually.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management
- Experience collecting requirements and documenting code.
- Ability to guide, mentor, and enforce coding/design standards with other developers.
- Capability to produce and execute upon quality test plans for QA, as well as high level test plans for users performing UAT.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Experience (two or more years) with VB.NET or C#.
- Knowledge of API/Web service integration.
- Experience developing under an agile/RAD development cycle.
- Knowledge of SQL optimization.
- Data Modeling.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States