Assistant Dean for Experiential Learning & Innovation
Functional Title Assistant Dean for Experiential Learning & Innovation
Position Type Administration - Staff
Best Consideration Date Has Been Extended
The School of Nursing (SON) is searching for a forward-thinking and innovative professional to serve as the Assistant Dean for Experiential Learning and Innovation. This position reports directly to the Dean and is responsible for the collaborative development and oversight of experiential learning, practice and global initiatives, and community partnerships for the SON. A primary focus is to build and sustain relationships for the facilitation of student education and opportunities for leadership and scholarship activities supporting the teaching and service mission and strategic vision of both the SON and the University. The Assistant Dean will collaborate with the Dean, Associate Deans for Academic Programs, Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation, and program directors to ensure integration of teaching, scholarship, and service missions of the school.
• A Master's degree in nursing or related field required. Doctoral preparation desired.
• 3- 5 years of experience in health care
• organizational/administrative experience,
• financial oversight experience,
• entrepreneurial, excellent interpersonal and communication, and computer skills
If a nurse with graduate nursing degrees, this could be a clinical non-tenure clinical or a tenured faculty position. If a non-nurse, this would be a nonfaculty professional staff (EHRA) position. Very competitive salary commensurate with education, experience and expertise.
This Assistant Dean is responsible for:
1. Coordinating faculty practice activities, including recruitment, contracts and agreements.
2. Developing individualized practice plans for a variety of stakeholders, constituents, and faculty members.
3. Initiating relationships with and engaging healthcare organizations to develop collaborative and innovative initiatives, including practice and teaching models.
4. Developing innovative opportunities for inter-professional practice and education.
5. Seeking external funding for initiatives.
6. Assisting with marketing and communicating SON initiatives and partnerships.
7. Increasing and coordinating opportunities for cultural and global service learning.
8. Overseeing the coordination of the SON community wellness centers.
9. Providing leadership in the SON and university for health related academic partnerships and experiential learning
10. Initiating and sustaining productive relationships and partnerships within the University, locally, regionally, and nationally.
The School of Nursing is CCNE accredited and is a NLN Center of Excellence in Faculty Development. The University has over 19,000 students and is classified by Carnegie as a research university with high research activity. The School of Nursing has over 1,050 students enrolled in BSN, RN-BSN, MSN, MSN/MBA, DNP and PhD programs with more than 500 clinical contracts. Please visit our website at http://nursing.uncg.edu
Greensboro is a city with a thriving cultural environment located in the Piedmont area of North Carolina, home to more than 1 million people. The area is a center for healthcare industry with many colleges and universities, five Magnet designated hospitals, and one of the most diverse populations in the nation. Information may be accessed at www.greensboro-nc.gov/.
- A Master's degree in nursing or related field required.
- 3-5 years of experience in health care
- Organizational/administrative experience
- Financial oversight experience
- Entrepreneurial, excellent interpersonal communication, and computer skills
If a nurse with graduate nursing degrees, this could be a clinical faculty position or at tenured faculty position. If a non-nurse, this would be a nonfaculty professional staff (EHRA) position.
Doctoral preparation desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range Competitive salary, commensurate with education, experience and expertise
Org #-Department School of Nursing - 12802
Job Open Date 10/25/2017
For Best Consideration Date 01/15/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Are you currently a UNCG employee?
- * Do you have 3-5 years experience in health care?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu