Assistant Vice President of Human Resources

Job description

Job ID 2018-4801
Posted Date 2018-02-16
Org Number 010352
Department Human Resources
Division Vice President of Finance
Job Type Staff
Location US-OK-Edmond
Proposed Salary Range $90,000 - $106,000 annually
Hours Per Week 40
Weeks Per Year 52
Regular Workdays/Hours Monday - Friday, 8 - 5

College/Department Overview

With strong connections throughout the Oklahoma City metro, the University of Central Oklahoma is dedicated to developing in students the confidence to succeed through transformative learning experiences. Central prides itself as a smart investment for success, preparing future leaders in an opportunity-rich environment, with access to more than 200 student organizations and the internship, employment, entertainment and cultural offerings of the rapidly growing Oklahoma City metropolitan area. Founded in 1890 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Central connects its more than 16,000 students to unmatched value found in 115 undergraduate areas of study and 74 graduate programs from its main campus in Edmond and facilities throughout the metro area.

The University has 1289 full time and more than 500 part time employees. 57.2 percent of the faculty and staff are female and the remaining 42.8 percent are male. 17% of the total above self-reported as being part of a non-white race/ethnicity group. The University also employs more than 1300 students.

Position Overview

The University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative leader to serve as its Assistant Vice President for Human Resources (AVPHR). The successful candidate will have significant and successful prior experience developing, implementing and managing an overall integrated HR approach for an organization of similar size. The AVPHR will endeavor to promote and sustain UCO's reputation as a recognized employer of choice and to build upon an HR vision and strategy that attracts, develops and supports the talent needed to advance the University's strategic priorities. The AVPHR reports to the Vice President for Finance.

Department Specific Essential Job Functions

Responsible for the strategy, operations, leadership and development of the people within the Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Employee Relations, Professional Development, and Payroll departments and other HR support functions.

Qualifications/Experience Required

Master's degree in HR or closely related field required.

A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible human resource experience with at least 5 years of recent experience as a top human resources executive leading a broad range of human resources functions.

Qualifications/Experience Preferred

SPHR certification preferred.

Physical Demands

Repetitive movement of hands and fingers. Typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.





Diversity Profile: University



View more

Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University

Arrow pointing right
Job No:
Posted: 2/28/2018
Application Due: 4/22/2018
Work Type: