Technical Program Manager Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
Job no: 494059
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: UML Innovation Institute UMII
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Feb 08 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Office of Strategic Alliances and Industry Partnerships provides a centralized and coordinated structure for engagements with industry across the UML community. The Technical Program manager will focus on industry engagements with UML in high tech areas including software, robotics, cybersecurity, semiconductor technologies, and IoT applications.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five or more years experience working in an industry setting specializing in high tech, computer software/hardware, and/or robotics-related sectors
- Strong leadership qualities
- Proven track record in managing complex Research & Development and product development initiatives
- Project management experience along with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Previous business development experience preferred
- Independent and self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.