Senior Accountant & Financial Reporting Analyst
Job no: 494034
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Controllers Office
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Jan 31 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Senior Accountant & Financial Reporting Analyst reports to the Associate Controller and supports the financial accounting and reporting activities to manage the campus.
- Annual Audit and Financial Statements - Assist the preparation of the campus financial statement and audit
- Prepare and/or coordinate analysis, reconciliations and supporting schedules for statements
- Annual Integrated Postsecondary education Data System (IPEDS) report. Prepare IPEDs Report financial section and reconcile reported data to financial statements
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Summit Reporting
- Chart of Accounts/Journal Transactions
- Assist the Controller organization in providing campus leadership and communications to ensure compliance with internal controls and safeguards of University assets
- Customer Service & End-User Support
- Promote the University's Commitment to Customer Service
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business or public administration, or a related field
- 5-7 years previous experience relating to budgetary process including maintenance, analysis, and reporting
- Experience with complex budget, financial and reporting computer systems
- Proficiency with MS office
- CPA, CMA, MBA or equivalent
- Solid understanding of GAAP and GASB
- Excellent oral and in written communication skills including experience making presentations
- Excellent organization skills, with attention to detail
- Strong analytical and strategic-thinking ability
- Ability to work as a team player and build strong interpersonal relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information, including personnel matters, with integrity and discretion
- Experience in public and/or private higher education financial operations
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or ERP systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume, cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.