Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor
Position Type Tenure Stream
UNCG BRYAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Department of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management
Assistant/Associate Professor of Information Systems
As of January 29, 2018, Position #999078 has been filled. Position #001023 is still available for consideration
The Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (ISSCM) in the Bryan School of Business at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) invites applications, expressions of interest, and nominations for up to two tenure-track/tenure positions in Information Systems subject to budget approval. The position(s) will commence on August 1, 2018, at the rank of assistant professor (tenure-track) or associate professor (with tenure). While we will consider candidates in all areas, preference will be given to individuals with teaching interests that align with the ISSCM offerings.
Applicants should hold a PhD/DBA degree with a specialization in Information Systems. Candidates should have demonstrated excellence in teaching and research and should have published or show promise of publication in mainstream Information Systems Journals.
We are seeking candidates with the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a Ph.D. in Information Systems or related areas from an AACSB accredited institution or equivalent by August 1, 2018.
- Evidence of strong teaching and research potential.
- Ability to teach core courses in information systems
- The ability to tie one's teaching and research to key elements of our mission (problem solving, innovation, globalization, sustainability, and ethics) and
- Ability to participate in department initiatives in analytics and hands-on projects
- Ability to teach core courses in information systems development and cyber-security
While we will consider candidates in all areas, preference will be given to individuals with teaching interests that align with the ISSCM offerings.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must upload the following materials:
- a cover letter
- unofficial transcripts
- three letters of reference
- a sample of recent scholarship
- evidence of teaching effectiveness
For questions, please contact Dr. Rahul Singh, Chair, ISSCM Faculty Search Committee (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We intend to interview candidates at the 2017 AMCIS conference in Boston.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Info Systems and Supply Chain Mgmt - 11806
Job Open Date 06/30/2017
For Best Consideration Date 02/26/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 2
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu