Associate/Professor of Counseling and Program Chair
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000235
Job Title Associate/Professor of Counseling and Program Chair
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Associate/Professor of Counseling and Program Chair starting in the Fall 2018. UNT Dallas offers the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban, comprehensive university. This position is recommended for appointment by the Dean of the School of Human Services and approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
This position is a tenure-track, 12-month appointment. The successful practitioner candidate will be expected to teach graduate courses in a CACREP accredited counseling program and collaboratively lead the program. The Program Chair has authority and responsibility for the delivery of the Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling programs in accordance with the school and university strategic plans. Candidates will be expected to fulfill scholarly research requirements and service responsibilities to the department, school, university, and the community as well as advance the Educational Leadership profession. Candidates will be expected to sustain and grow the program through recruitment activities, build relationships with school and community partners across the region, maintain a culture of achievement and high-expectations and develop and supervise high-quality field placements and clinical experiences.
The Program Chair provides year-round leadership of the operation of the counseling programs, and must be able to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators and students. The position requires knowledge of curriculum development, policy development, student learning outcomes, program review, FTES and FTEF ratios, schedule development, enrollment management strategies, CACREP policies and procedures, and contract language.
• Facilitating curriculum development review, and revision.
• Collaborates with the Dean on schedule development and program pathways/course sequencing.
• Working with faculty to facilitate the review of textbooks.
• Facilitating development, implementation, and assessment of student learning outcomes (SLOs) at the program and school levels as appropriate.
• Facilitating program review and data analysis aligning with SACS assessment requirements.
• Ensuring alignment of program with all CACREP standards to ensure accreditation.
• Assisting the Dean and providing information and data for budget development and management.
• Initiating justification to the Dean for additional staff and faculty within the academic area.
• Providing orientation for new students, part-time faculty and full-time faculty with the help of instructors within the program.
• Working in collaboration with the Dean to develop a plan for regular evaluation of full-time and part-time faculty within the program.
• Serving as supervisor of the Counseling Clinic Director and Administrative Coordinator for the counseling clinic.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
• Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP (The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accredited program or equivalent program.
• Eligible for License in Professional Counseling in the State of Texas (LPC).
• Proven teaching excellence in graduate instruction and demonstrated clinical competence in school counseling.
• Documented professional counselor identity as evidenced by education, teaching, clinical experience and professional affiliations (such as American Counseling Association, Texas Counseling Association, American School Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision).
• Documented professional experience and competency in working with culturally diverse populations.
• Willingness to engage in community/school-university partnerships.
• Experience with the CACREP accreditation process.
• Evidence of student-oriented instruction and leadership within a collaborative environment.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
• Demonstrated clinical competence in school counseling.
• Evidence of the leadership necessary to propel the program forward, including demonstrated outreach, recruitment, and service activities.
• Experience with collaborative grant development.
• Counseling skills; knowledge of statistics, diversity, and addiction.
• Clinical experience as clinic director or practitioner, or supervisor of an agency, non-profit organization, or hospital
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Ms. Judith Nix at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 972-338-1345.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP (The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accredited program or equivalent program?
- * Are you eligible for License in Professional Counseling in the State of Texas (LPC)?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Teaching philosophy
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Research Interests