Clinical Placement Coordinator
Functional Title Clinical Placement Coordinator
Position Type Staff
The UNCG School of Nursing is a learner-centered community preparing nurse generalists, advanced practice nurses, educator and researchers to make a difference in the lives of individuals, families, populations and communities. The School of Nursing values innovation, engagement, scholarship, leadership, diversity, inter professional care and healthy role models.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Securing appropriate type, number and location of clinical placement sites for students enrolled in graduate programs.
- Managing student compliance with agency requirements for health and safety education regulations (e.g. OSHA, HIPAA requirements) under direction of Associate Deans and/or program directors.
- Facilitating negotiation of contracts between agency attorneys and university counsel and Associate Deans and/or program directors.
- Collaborating with faculty and Associate Deans in completing reports related to the clinical experiences of graduate students.
- Maintaining databases of clinical sites, preceptors, student clinical records and health care agency contracts.
Minimum of 2 years experience in health care setting and/or academia. Experience with database software and excellent computer skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) experience working in teams and meeting deadlines, excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work. Must provide own transportation.
Preferred Master's degree in health and human science or other related field.
Recruitment Range $50,000 - $56,732
Org #-Department Dean's Office, School of Nursing - 12801
Job Open Date 01/26/2018
For Best Consideration Date 02/08/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu