Director, University Accreditation and Policy
Requisition Number STA - 201000000568
Job Title Director, University Accreditation and Policy
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Director, University Accreditation and Policy.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This professional administrative position will hold responsibility for preparing and submitting all applications, notifications, and related documents to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS), the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and other oversight bodies; and oversee the development, revision, and implementation of all University policies.
This position reports to the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Research, write, fact-check, and submit all necessary documents to SACSCOC, THECB, and other oversight bodies in a timely manner.
- Oversee the institution-wide implementation and ongoing maintenance of a robust system for institutional effectiveness.
- Chair the Institutional Effectiveness Steering Committee.
- Work closely with the Director of Assessment, Deans, and the Provost on assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Research and write new University policies and procedures as requested by the University stakeholders.
- Revise and update existing University policies in accordance with applicable Federal and State Law and Board of
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's degree in an academic discipline taught at the University or related field and 8 years of increasingly responsible academic administration experience including 2 years of direct experience with accreditation; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation.
- Experience in Institutional Effectiveness.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in presentation of workshops or public speaking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
Must have the ability to effectively interact with faculty, staff, students, parents, and administrators
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in an academic discipline taught at the University or related field.
- Extensive experience with regional accreditation policies and procedures.
- Strong record of demonstrable success with strategic planning at the collegiate level.
- Experience working with policies and procedures development at the collegiate level.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of direct experience with accreditation?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)