Requisition Number STA - 201000000586
Job Title Administrative Coordinator
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator .
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Provide mid-level administrative support by drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to internal and external customers.
(These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in positions allocated to this class.)
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare quotes, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Place and track all University hardware and software orders.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to the appropriate parties or take messages.
- Prepare documents, records, and reports for approval.
- Coordinate office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping.
- Maintain and enter information (e.g. OIT tracked inventory assets) into databases.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintain schedule and event calendars.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Proofread work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar and recommend revisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and one year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University operating procedures, organization and policies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of business principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of electronic information systems and accounting systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to keep complex records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to act with considerable initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed and work supervised.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)