Administrative Support Associate
Position Number Temporary Administrative Support Associate
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate
Position Type Temporary Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a public, coeducational, doctoral-granting, residential university chartered in 1891. It is one of the three original institutions of The University of North Carolina System.
The Department of Human Resources is seeking qualified individuals for temporary Administrative Support Associate positions that may become available on campus. When a UNCG Department is in need of a temporary Administrative Support Associate, qualified applicants who have applied to this temporary pool will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing professional support and customer service to clients, students, Faculty and/or Staff
- Assisting the with clerical and administrative duties
- Answering and transferring telephone calls
- Composing written materials; including memos, emails, agendas or minutes from meetings
- Banner Processing
- Ordering office supplies
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- At least six (6) months of Administrative Support experience.
- Previous working experience at a higher education learning institution
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, than management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
This posting will remain active for one quarter (roughly ninety (90) days). After the quarterly cycle, this posting will close and the application will be cancelled. You may then re-apply to the new active posting. The Close Date listed indicates when this quarterly posting will close.
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applications are not complete until an online confirmation number is received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range listed for each competency level of an Administrative Support Associate
Contributing = $11.22 - $13.36
Journey = $13.36 - $15.72
Advanced = $15.72 - $17.86
Temporary positions are paid on an hourly rate basis. Rate will be approved by Human Resources.
Recruitment Range $11.22 - $17.86
Org #-Department Human Resources - 58401
Work Hours of Position Hours may vary and will be determined by the hiring Department
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Open Date 01/01/2018
Close Date 03/31/2018
Job Close Date
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Do you have experience using BannerHR?
- * Do you have experience using BannerStudent?
- * Do you have experience using BannerFinance?
- * How many years of Administrative Support experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years or more
- * Do you have experience in higher education?
- * Please rate your computer applications skills? (Using Excel, Word and Powerpoint)?
- * Do you have experience as a Receptionist?
- * Select the highest level of education completed?
- High School
- Some College
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Higher than a Bachelor's Degree
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu