Business Process Manager for Human Resources & Payroll
Functional Title Business Process Manager for Human Resources & Payroll
Position Type Administration - Staff
This is a re-post; current applicants are still under consideration and do not need to re-apply.
The Business Process Manager for Human Resources & Payroll (BPM-HR/PY) is a member of UNCG's Integrated Futures Team (IFT), and serves as senior business process design and implementation expert for Human Resources & Payroll. The BPM-HR/PY reports directly to the Executive Director for Banner 9 Implementation who also serves as the IFT chair and reports to a steering committee comprised of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs, and the Vice Chancellor for Information Technology Services (ITS) and Chief Information Officer. The IFT provides strategic ERP systems and data governance. The BPM-HR/PY works closely with other members of IFT, senior leaders, management and staff from the Offices of Human Resources, Faculty Personnel Resources, Graduate Personnel Services, Payroll, Student Career Services Center, Financial Aid, Contracts and Grants, UNCG Online, ITS, and other colleagues across the university to ensure development, documentation, and maintenance of efficient, integrated, sustainable business processes. The BPM-HR/PY also works closely with senior ERP analysts from ITS to ensure UNCG's ERP systems support UNCG's strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
• works with university stakeholders to understand and fully document HR/PY operational needs and how these needs relate to other UNCG business unit needs;
• identifies needs for new institutional business processes or changes to existing business processes to improve integration and operational efficiency, streamline procedures, provide appropriate separation of duties, ensure policy and regulatory compliance, and mitigate risk to the university.
• works with university administrative areas to make the customer experience clear, seamless, efficient, cost-effective, and integrated across business and academic functions;
• works with functional units, IFT, and ITS to ensure compliance with data quality standards and maintenance of institutional data consistency, accuracy, and integrity;
• ensures HR/PY business processes are designed to support UNCG's strategic plan;
• ensures adherence to HR/PY and university-wide business processes and policies by working with ERP and functional training specialists and managers to certify proficiency and continued compliance with business processes;
• develops measurements to monitor HR/PY business process performance and efficiency;
• reports performance on a monthly basis, and recommends and implements changes to improve performance as needed;
• other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years of a progressive operational and leadership responsibilities in a higher education Human Resources or Payroll office;
• demonstrated experience leading ad hoc cross functional teams in development and implementation of integrated cost-effective, customer-friendly, business processes;
• demonstrated experience working with functional units and information technology experts in testing ERP systems-based solutions to business process needs;
• demonstrated experience managing development and maintenance of HR/PY process solutions, documentation and training within HR/PY and across an organization;
• at least 5 years operational experience with ERP HR/PY solutions in higher education;
• demonstrated experience in developing and documenting business process needs and operational use cases;
• strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
• Master's degree
• 5 years experience in higher education
• project management experience
• experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
UNCG's HR/PY ERP environment includes a number of third party applications. While the BPM-HR/PY may not be familiar with these applications, UNCG prefers the incumbent to have some operational experience or familiarity with third party applications such as:
• People Admin
• Banner Workflow;
• Banner Document Management, Perceptive Content/ImageNow, or other Ellucian partner
• Reporting applications such as WebFOCUS, Argos, Cognos, Tableau, Rapid Insight, or other
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Banner ENGAGE - 10103
Job Open Date 02/09/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu