Executive Director, Advancement Operations & Special Projects
Job no: 493835
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Advancement
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Dec 04 2017
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Executive Director of Advancement Operations & Special Projects will support the operational and project-based needs of the Vice Chancellor and the Advancement division. The position will manage the day to day operations of the division, providing leadership support for key functions such as project management, human resources and budgeting. This person will lead special Advancement and fundraising projects to help the university reach its campaign goals.
1. Manage and execute special Advancement and campaign-related projects, including leading the Advancement role in corporate relations, River Hawk Venture Fund and Difference Makers. Will also take the lead in organizing annual and long-range departmental plans, including the strategic planning oversight of the campaign transition and future campaign plans.
2. Working closely with the Vice Chancellor, this person will oversee daily operations of the division, specifically focusing on office management issues, human resources functions, facility management and budgeting for each department and the division.
3. Oversee corporate and foundation relations to insure that proper collaboration and communication is being exercised in the engagement of corporate partners.
4. Insure that the Vice Chancellor is well briefed and prepared for scheduled meetings, and all appropriate materials are available. Work with Advancement's Senior Leadership Team to assist in the coordination of major projects and initiatives.
5. Partner with division managers to determine and address operational needs and provide support for senior managers to allow for their focus to remain on organizational priorities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-10 years of related management and/or fundraising experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated experience in project management and use of computer software including office applications, data base management, spreadsheets, email/Outlook, Microsoft Word/Excel
- Ability to think and work strategically across reporting lines to manage projects on behalf of the Vice Chancellor
- Ability to articulate the mission and the vision of the University to a diverse group of constituents
- Must be available to work flexible schedules, including some nights and weekends, on and off campus if needed
- Prior work in a University setting preferred
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to determine and accomplish short and long term goals
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to respond to difficult situations diplomatically
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.