Office Assistant - Mathematical Sciences Department (part-time/temporary)
Job no: 494106
Position Type: Staff Full Time/Part-Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Mathematical Science
Salary: $18-$20/hour, based on experience
Applications Open: Feb 26 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Mathematical Sciences Department at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is seeking applications for a part-time, non-benefited and non-union Office Assistant to provide administrative and office support.
Some of the departmental administrative support duties include:
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
• Set up and coordinate meetings, seminars, conferences, luncheons and transportation for guests, visitors and job candidates.
• Department Liaison with facilities (service requests).
• Monitoring department budgets, assembling adjunct contracts and maintaining HR records.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification (Required):
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• 2-4 years of office experience
• Flexible, reliable, detail-oriented
• Ability to manage priorities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.