Administrative Assistant I - World Languages and Cultures
Job no: 494109
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: World Languages and Cultures
Salary: Grade 15 - Step 1, $1,645.87 bi-weekly (MTA Classified/Technical Union)
Applications Open: Feb 27 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
This position provides comprehensive administrative support for the Office of the Dean and Department of World Languages and Cultures, chair, faculty and students. The Department of World Languages and Cultures is a growing department with 22 full and part time faculty.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- HS Diploma or GED/equivalent with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience *
*An Associate's or higher degree may be substituted for some of the experience
- Extensive computer and budget management experience and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, Word, Access and Power Point as they relate to departmental activities
- Knowledge of financial reports and ability to prepare budget reports
- Experience using PeopleSoft (including SiS), and Oracle modules, HR Direct and Summit
- Ability to gather information through questioning individuals and by examining records and documents
- Ability to use PeopleSoft modules necessary for assisting preparation of part-time faculty contract (EPAF) in addition to financials/human resources
- Affinity for working with detail and demonstrated organization skill
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal MTA Classified/Technical Union candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.