IHP Post Doctoral Research Fellow (STAFF)
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master's and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,500 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 6,500 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named a Great College to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education for the past eight years.
The Brain Recovery Lab at the MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston, MA has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral fellow to work on an NIH funded project involving transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). The fellow will work closely with the lab director, Teresa J. Kimberley, PhD, PT and several co-investigators throughout MGH. Focus of work will be on the discovery and development of unique methods of combining TMS and fMRI findings to understand the neurologic impairment in people with focal dystonia. The candidate will be encouraged to work with the team to develop new related research ideas and seek out productive relationships with other area researchers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Validate TMS equipment and measurements.
2) Perform data collection on patients and healthy control participants (including fMRI, TMS)
3) Process and analyze data
4) Create and manage research databases
5) Contribute to dissemination of research findings (writing of manuscripts and presentations)
6) Contribute to the development of research aims
7) Train and mentor lab colleagues
8) Participate in lab meetings
9) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
General office and laboratory conditions
Education & Experience Qualifications:
Candidates with PhD and strong training in engineering or rehabilitation science and experience in magnetic resonance and/or TMS are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be strongly motivated and self-directed and have strong training in signal processing, quantitative methods, EMG, programming, and patient interaction.
1. Knowledge of MS Office applications, reference software and a statistical package
2. Willing to learn new software applications (FSL, Signal)
3. Basic programming skills
4. Strong attention to detail
5. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
6. Ability to express self well verbally and in writing
7. Experience working with patient populations
8. Magnetic resonance image processing experience
9. TMS experience
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Job: MD/PHD/Fellows/ PostDocs
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP PT
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2017