Part-time Program Assistant
Title: Part-time Program Assistant
Position ID number: 283
Posted Date: 02/01/2018
Job Category: Hourly and Temporary
Department: Entrepenurial Studies Ins - HESI
Position Status: Hourly/Temporary
• Greet visitors, ascertain needs, provide information, and direct visitors to appropriate personnel. Interact with students and faculty to ensure dissemination of accurate information and to respond to their needs for directions and services.
• Serve as a resource for solving problems and emergencies in the absence of divisional administrators.
• Provide day-to-day supervision of student workers and the hatchery. Organize documents & files in hardcopy and online.
• Provide telephone coverage; respond to inquiries and direct callers to appropriate personnel. Take and deliver messages promptly and accurately, using voicemail as appropriate.
• Contact students and/or faculty to communicate important institute information; serve as a communication link between faculty and students.
• Prepare mailings to students, faculty, advisory board members, committee members and other business partners.
• Prepare and maintain spreadsheets including scholarship data.
• Support purchasing activities including product research, ordering and supply management.
• Support event planning activities including catering orders, room reservations, promotion, registration and event logistics.
• Create marketing materials including slides, flyers and other resources to promote ESI programs.
• Create, update, and maintain current and relevant information on ESI webpages and social media.
• Duplicate or arrange for copying of instructional materials and other divisional documents. Open and distribute office mail.
• Assist faculty by providing information, supplies and services. Type correspondence, reports, scholarship forms, tests, instructional materials and other documents\spreadsheets as assigned using word processing or spreadsheet software.
• Use Datatel to research student schedules, contact information and ESI budget information.
• Provide occasional office support to the Business Division.
• Other duties as assigned by the ESI Director or Dean.
• High School diploma or equivalent; some specialized secretarial, clerical and computer training required, Associate degree preferred.
• Minimum five years of office experience.
• Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment with very minimal supervision in the absence of supervisors.
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving abilities and conflict resolution skills that include maintaining confidentiality and compliance with FIRPA.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading and editing skills. Ability to learn college operations, identify available resources, and comply with relevant policies and procedures.
• Attention to details, deadlines and accuracy of information disseminated. Effective organization skills and the ability to multi-task. Ability to type accurately using word processing software. Demonstrated computer skills, using a variety of software packages. Proficiency in Windows-based software and voicemail preferred.
• Ability to create spreadsheets including using formulas and other common features to prepare reports, track expenses and manage scholarship data. • Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, administrators, government agencies, business/industry representatives, community organizations, the general public.
Please send cover letter, resume and application (application link listed below) to Carlene Cassidy by email at ESI@aacc.edu or mail to:
Anne Arundel Community College
Attn: Carlene Cassidy, ESI
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
Hours per Week: 20
Work Schedule: Typically day time hours, occasional evening