Honors Part-Time Temporary Program Assistant
Title: Honor’s Part-Time Temporary Program Assistant
Position ID number: 274
Posted Date: 01/16/2018
Job Category: Hourly and Temporary
Position Status: Hourly/Temporary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clerical support to the Honor's coordinator; including drafting, editing, proofing and preparing correspondence, reports and other office documentation for signature;
- Serve as liaison between the Honor's office/lounge and students, faculty and staff;
- Establish and maintain student files, tracking systems and queries in support of the Honor's program;
- Manage social media accounts for the program and update the Honor's website as needed;
- Assist in the coordination of events, publicity and catering in support of events;
- Track student requests and maintain files for the program; provide reports of student activity as needed;
- Disseminate information and respond to inquiries regarding the program via the [email protected] mailbox;
- Assist coordinator with recruiting scholars for the program through campus out-reach, mailings and email correspondence;
- Order supplies and reconcile requisitions and purchase orders as necessary;
- Provide office/Honor's Lounge coverage; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; some college level or specialized office training preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable work or experience using computer technology;
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office and social media applications; Word, Outlook and Excel required;
- Ability to work accurately and independently with minimal supervision on confidential materials with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, administrators, faculty, staff and the public.
Send cover letter, resume and application to Dr. Erica Yeager at [email protected]
Work Schedule: Monday and Friday; 5 hours per day; 10 hours per week