Part-time Office Assistant, Humanities
Title: Part-time Office Assistant, Humanities
Position ID number: 288
Posted Date: 02/15/2018
Job Category: Hourly and Temporary
Department: Humanities - HUM
Position Status: Hourly/Temporary
- Provide clerical and computer-related technical support and assistance to the faculty in the School of Liberal Arts offices. Greet visitors to the office, answer inquiries and provide information concerning public activities, college facilities, class locations, academic programs and other requests for assistance.
- Provide telephone coverage responding to requests for information and direct callers to other college personnel and resources as appropriate; take and deliver accurate telephone messages promptly. Prepare materials in support of instructional programs, including syllabi, assignments, examinations and special events programs.
- Serve as resource for new faculty and staff by providing orientation to School of Liberal Arts' polices and protocol, along with the distribution of forms, supplies, handouts, etc. Provide on-going communications to ensure smooth assimilation into school and college. Assist in monitoring enrollments during registration and notifying students of class cancellations or course information changes. Serve as a resource to provide office coverage at times when an office in the School of Liberal Arts is lacking adequate coverage, short-term or long-term.
- Process forms such as facilities use, work orders, and Printshop/Copy Center requests in support of office functions.
- Assist with class roster procedures. Sort and distribute mail to on campus and off campus faculty. Maintain faculty mailboxes. Maintain files, preserving confidentiality. Assist with office equipment (copier, fax machine, etc.); assist in the maintenance of the instructional and office supply inventory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months office experience required.
- Ability to type accurately and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including, grammar, proofreading and editing.
- Provide excellent customer service, along with the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Basic problem solving abilities and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision along with attention to details, deadlines and accuracy of information.
- Ability to main confidentiality.
Please send cover letter and resume via mail and/or email to Julie Schuman at email@example.com and/or:
Anne Arundel Community College
Attn: Julie Schuman, HUM 102
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm