Part Time Clerical (Federal Work Study)
***This Position is Open to Eligible, Current WGU Students Only***
Part-time Clerical (Federal Work Study)
The work Study position provides a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative support for Strategic Partnerships. In addition, other duties may be assigned to the student at the discretion of the Manager. The position requires proficiency in the full-range of general office services and functions as well as experience in such areas as planning, reporting, and computer applications. The position presents a positive organizational image to the general public, specialized communities, employers, educators, students and prospective students.
Part-time Federal Work Study Reading Tutor
Assist children aged Kindergarten through 12th grade in the development of reading skills and enjoyment.
- Engage in academic activities with selected students either one-on-one or with small groups.
- Collaborate with the school supervisor and staff members to assess the student’s needs and how best to address them.
- Tutors must commit to work for two consecutive terms. Consistent, ongoing support is necessary for the children with whom we work. All tutors are expected to honor the term of their commitment, and must give two weeks written notification to the university before terminating employment.
- Tutors must provide their own transportation.
- Unexcused and excessive absences or unsatisfactory performances will be grounds for dismissal.
- Tutors must commit to work a minimum of 4 hours per week and 2 days per week, and may not work more than 20 hours per week.
- Tutors must arrange a work schedule with the school supervisor.
- Tutors may use a small percentage of their time preparing tutoring materials and performing required assignments.
- Effective communication skills – written and oral – and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Professionalism, dependability, reliability and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently demonstrating good judgment and effective problem-solving.
- Capable of using personal computers and associated standard software, including Microsoft Office Suite and other office resources and equipment including phones, telecommunication systems, fax machines, and copy machines.
Part-time Federal Work Study Reading Tutor:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with small groups or one-on-one is required
- Must be organized and dependable
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently demonstrating good judgment and effective problem solving
Any WGU Office Location, United States