Chancellor, WGU Ohio
The principal mission of Western Governors University is to improve quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time and place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers.
If you are interested in helping students achieve their dreams for a degree and career success by providing a personal, flexible, and affordable education based on real world competencies. We provide employees a meaningful, enjoyable and rewarding work experience.
Reporting to the VP, State Operations and Partnerships, the Chancellor directs the overall state operational strategy and oversight for WGU to become the premier university among students, states, communities, and employers in delivering high quality education and graduates that meet workforce needs. The Chancellor serves as the internal and external WGU executive for the state with accountability for all state operations, P&L, directing the day-to-day activities and achieving long-term state goals and objectives. The chancellor expands local and state-sponsored access to WGU by building deep community connections through students, alumni and partnership alignment, resulting in extraordinary brand awareness and workforce competencies. As a leader, influences long-term vision, defines and executes operating priorities, while consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Establish and grow brand awareness and enrollment, and advance WGU’s reputation for excellence in the state by representing WGU as an accessible, affordable, high quality workforce related higher education to community businesses, organizations, educational and political leaders
- Develop a high-powered, state organization. Recruit and develop high performing talent and individuals. Manage direct reports and other employees through coaching, training and motivation to achieve results.
- Lead effective, cross-functional collaboration with other WGU leaders and departments in order to resolve state issues as they arise.
- Ensure state goals are achieved
- Influence the definition, and guide the development of WGU’s “flywheel” for the state by developing relationships that drive value for WGU, employers, students and alumni.
- Project executive presence and deliver presentations as a thought leader in higher education.
- Develop and execute a deep, state partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of WGU.
- Develop and manage all aspects of P&L.
- Manage and support WGU facilities as requested.
- Expand funding options and create ability to attract philanthropic support.
Education: Minimum Master’s degree, Doctorate strongly preferred
Experience: 7-10 years of executive experience in roles of progressive responsibility. Proven track record of operational success in a business or education entity and increased year over year growth. Strong community and government networks are required.
Other: Ability to travel throughout the state on a regular basis, as much as 80% of the time. Travel to Salt Lake City, Utah is also required on a quarterly basis.
Columbus, Ohio, United States