New Media and Marketing Specialist (One or More Positions)
Irvine Valley College
New Media and Marketing Specialist
Pay Range: 138, Step 1 is $6,001.00 per month
Job Close Date: 03/19/2018
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from the Director of Public Information & Marketing, performs a variety of activities in support of the college’s public information, marketing, special events, and communications functions, which integrates the college’s public relations, media relations, governmental relations, and marketing areas;. advances the overall quality and deployment of interactive media content and assigned college’s website; creates, produces, and readies multi-media features, including text, audio, video and still images, either within online sites or for emerging technologies in order to maximize the college’s presence; designs, writes, and edits in traditional mediums such as flyers, brochures, media releases, and other publications; coordinates assigned activities with the publications department, as well as the webmaster; provides coordinating and logistical assistance to support various events and programs designated by the Office of the President, including seminars, performing arts events, and other special events that occur at the college; and provides highly complex staff assistance to the Director of Public Information & Marketing.
The duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. Please see Job Duties for details.
• Principles and practices of public relations and marketing.
• Principles of copy writing, layout and design, and Web content management, accessibility, and publishing.
• Special Events coordination and/or planning.
• Methods utilized in web development tools?HTML editors, web accessibility testing, and content management.
• Design and familiarity with graphics programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator, as well as general familiarity with current Web standards and best practices.
• Technical activities involved in the production and broadcast of televised programs and creation of web communications.
• Techniques and equipment used to create various forms of media and marketing material.
• Desktop computer use applications such as desktop publishing, word processing, data base, graphics, presentation, Internet and Web design software.
• Eco-friendly/green/sustainability trends that are relevant and cutting edge in the design considerations for traditional vs. non-traditional – new forms of media delivery – web messaging, text messaging, phone messaging, and video delivery.
• Media relations and organizational communication strategies.
• Methods and techniques of journalistic writing and reporting.
• Office procedures, methods and equipment.
• Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
• English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Develop, write, and coordinate interactive media content initiatives.
• Respond to inquiries and requests for information.
• Operate office equipment and effectively utilize appropriate software applications.
• Operate a digital camera and manipulate digital images.
• Train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills while using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or a related field.
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in advertising, marketing or public relations.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER