Student Life Supervisor
Student Life Supervisor manages part time and live-in Resident Life Advisors (i.e. scheduling, performance management tasks, ongoing professional development, etc.). In addition, this position fosters PACE students’ social and community navigation skills by developing and implementing the PACE Program’s social component of the curriculum and programming. Finally, this position is responsible for leading all PACE team members in increasing the integration of technology across all program factions (Employment, Academics, Independent Living Skills, & Student Life).
This is a full time, supervisory 12 month position with 24/7 on-call responsibilities to part-time residential life advisors and back up responsibilities in case there is a call off.
• Plans, coordinates and facilitates PACE Program weekend and weeknight clubs and student activities. Leads Social Planning meetings, Homework Club and Portfolio preparation efforts. Principal coordinator of PACE student participation with 1237 dorm programming;
• Responsible for digital communication across all components of the PACE Program, including maintaining the PACE Weebly site with weekly updates for Academics, Employment, Independent Living Skills, and Student Life, as well as frequent on-going digital communication with parents and families;
• Works directly with students and Part-time Residence Life Advisors to teach and reinforce social skills development, develop student goals, including the facilitation of the problem solving sessions as needed;
• Provides supervision, ongoing professional development training, and 24/7 on call availability to Part-time Residence Life Advisors. In addition, this position is responsible for performance management tasks;
• Conducts advising sessions with PACE students to monitor their overall program progress and to address student or staff concerns;
• Plans, coordinates and oversees annual PACE & Alumni Formal Dance, Graduation Banquet, quarterly Service Learning Projects, and other social events as they occur;
• Participates in weekly PACE Leadership Team meetings & collaborate with PACE staff on student issues, goals, and strategies. Participates in student enrollment selection process. Responsible for the design, delivery, and assessment of professional development for the PACE team with all matters concerning technology integration and curriculum throughout the school year and summer.;
• Collaborates with Program Operations Manager for student Move-in and Move-out procedures;
• Responsible for the design, delivery, and assessment of professional development for the PACE team with all matters concerning technology integration and curriculum throughout the school year and summer. On a yearly basis, writes and monitors the PACE Technology Integration and Improvement Plan, advising the Executive Director on budgetary needs.
• 1 year but less than 3 years of previous experience required. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in social work, education, recreation therapy, occupational therapy, communication disorders, or human services fields.
• Experience working with persons with disabilities preferred, familiarity with recreational
• Knowledge of Microsoft, Social Media and ability electronic information platforms
• (Weebly; Best Notes)