Antelope Valley College
Duties may include performance instruction and/or classroom teaching (including but not limited to theory, appreciation, songwriting, music industry, and/or other courses depending on department need).
adjunct (temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool
Salary: Salary Schedule FE (currently $1,186.43 - $1,282.99 commensurate with education)
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent (LHE).
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Applicant must meet one of the following)
• Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges (9th edition):
Any bachelor’s degree or higher AND two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment, OR any associate degree AND six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment.
(Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges)
• Antelope Valley College Equivalency: (Approved: June 3, 2010) Equivalency not needed, per division faculty.
AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Develop and deliver instructional lectures for music courses up to 10 hours/week
• Organize and teach all levels of commercial music classes
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning
(interactive television, online) and accelerated courses
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester
• Evaluate and select instructional materials such as textbooks, manuals, software, and tools in collaboration, as appropriate, with discipline faculty; order instructional materials according to campus bookstore procedure to ensure timely delivery
• Revise and update course content and materials of instruction in accordance with new theory, application, and industry developments within the discipline or area of specialization
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees if desired.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at www.avc.edu or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.