Folsom Lake College
Job Posting Number: C00550P
Salary: $2,812.75 per month
Closing Date: 3/21/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6603
Under general supervision, incumbents in the second level of the series perform general office and receptionist work of moderate difficulty. Clerical operations for work processes are established and overall procedures of the office are specialized in scope. Incumbents may have lead responsibility for student aides. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position will be assigned to the following departments:
● Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS).
● Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE).
● Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS).
● Answers telephone, delivers messages, prepares meeting rooms, and runs errands.
● Communicates with students, faculty, staff, and the public to disseminate or explain information, or to review and complete forms or files.
● Reviews files, records, and other documents to respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the general public to provide information on services, policies, and procedures, and refers them to other campus programs or departments as appropriate.
● Compiles, copies, sorts, and files documents, records of office activities, transactions, etc., appropriate to the department.
● Computes, records, updates, and proofreads data, schedules and other information, and assists with completing reports.
● Processes and posts outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail, packages, and other materials, and may be required to track postage meter usage.
● Arranges for office equipment servicing and maintenance.
● Composes letters, purchase orders, reports, and other correspondence.
● Maintains employment packets and job announcements.
● May assist in the coordination, recruitment, selection, and evaluation of classified temporaries and student aides assigned to the department.
● Develops ways to advertise and post job needs.
● Inventories and orders office supplies.
● Maintains campus information binder and District forms.
● Performs additional duties as assigned by the specific department and performs related duties as required.
Type 40 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: One year of general clerical experience; OR, one year of college level business and clerical course work.
Promotional: Six months of experience in Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties at the level of Clerk I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.