Job Title General Counsel
Posting Number 20170111EX
Type of Employment Regular Full-Time
Position Type Staff - Exempt(Monthly)
Department Legal Services
Minimum Education Requirements
A Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA -accredited institution.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Active membership in good standing of the Kentucky Bar Association (or eligible for immediate membership).
• Experience in matters relevant to business transactions, state and federal contracts and intellectual property.
• Demonstrated commitment to furthering diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability in setting priorities, managing those multiple priorities and working in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to gain trust and inspire confidence at all levels of an academic institution.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues and legal concepts to non-lawyers.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with senior administrators and a diverse range of constituents.
• A workplace style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork and facilitation.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Experience in employment law, student affairs, academic personnel and research, federal regulation compliance, complex contracts, international agreements, risk management and litigation processes.
• Knowledge of University or higher education policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of legal issues associated with governmental/public entities.
• Experience with complex organizations and the management of significant legal issues.
Posting Date 10/19/2017