Annual Giving Officer
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Giving Officer (AGO) is responsible for developing, executing and evaluating a comprehensive annual giving program to include multi channel marketing campaigns, giving days, senior class giving programs, phonathons, etc. The AGO will manage a portfolio of 100+ annual giving prospects capable of making gifts/pledges $5K - $25K range. A primary goal of increasing revenue and participation among alumni and friends of Becker College.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Conceptualize and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to encourage alumni, friends, faculty, staff, parent and student support for programs
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of approximately 100 alumni and friends for personal solicitation of new, renewed, and upgraded gifts and
- Serve as primary point person in implementing a successful Day of Giving: recruiting Social Media Ambassadors, working with student leaders and collaborating with staff in Advancement, and Student
- Manage all aspects of the Senior Class Giving Program including recruiting student volunteers, meeting with student committees and establishing goals,
- Attend and support alumni events, especially - but not exclusively - those where assigned prospects and young alumni are Attend key events including Alumni & Friends Regional Receptions, Homecoming Weekend, Commencement, Honorary Degree Receptions, etc.
- Work with assigned reunion committees and class agents to solicit reunion class gifts. Assist with preparation of reunion appeal letters to assigned classes.
- Update constituent records in Raiser's Edge database as a result of meetings and
- Develop reports and conduct program analysis as
- Participate on Becker College committees as
- Contribute to the overall success of the Office of Institutional Advancement by performing all other duties and responsibilities as
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Minimum of two years or more years of successful and demonstrable experience in fundraising
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 Years in Alumni Relations/Annual Fund
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with Raiser's Edge
- Demonstrated experience in mounting multi-channel solicitation campaigns with social media and HTML format strongly preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or
- Ability to learn and apply College policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access to a personal means of transportation
- This positions requires travel and work outside the office
Qualified candidates please send Resume, Cover Letter and Three Professional References to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at [email protected]