Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
Closing Date/Time: 3/9/2018
Salary: $4,057.00 - $4,987.00 monthly
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Human Resources
Incumbents in this class perform a variety of advanced-level technical and administrative human resource support functions including recruitment, applicant tracking, payroll administration, new employee orientation, research and providing information to staff and the public regarding hiring and recruitment policies and procedures, and labor agreements maintain a variety of confidential and sensitive personnel records and files; perform related duties as assigned.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives general supervision from the Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management. Incumbents are expected to independently perform job assignments using detailed knowledge of District policies, procedures, practices and labor agreements. May oversee student workers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- In consultation with the hiring manager, develops and implements recruitment plans for all classified, faculty and management vacancies at the College; establishes deadlines for applications; prepares related online postings, job advertisements and other documentation; screens applications and reviews transcripts for minimum qualifications; schedules recruitment committee meetings and administers examinations to qualified applicants as appropriate.
- Explains District hiring and personnel policies to prospective candidates and applicants, coordinates with selection committees, and IT when necessary, to schedule interviews, provide guidance on use of District's online applicant tracking system.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with applicable regulations and District polices and labor agreements; determines appropriate salary placement for new hires and promotions; conducts new employee orientations for new hires;
- Assists in the evaluation of recruitment efforts and development of long-range objectives.
- Explains District human resources policies, procedures, and labor agreements to responds to questions and; assists in the administration of District policies, procedures and labor agreements related to recruitment and selection.
- Maintains a variety of manual and computerized confidential personnel files and records; enters newly hired employee and short term data in to personnel systems, updates a variety of personnel information in support of payroll processing.
- Work with sensitive, confidential information and issues using tact and discretion.
- Performs a variety of administrative support duties related to meetings of the Board of Trustees; prepares confidential agendas and other documentation as requested; prepares a variety of correspondence including confidential business letters, reports and requisitions.
- Monitors and tracks employee evaluations, health screenings, and related items.
- Receives and monitors faculty professional growth plans and salary advancement requests; evaluates faculty transcripts as related to salary determination.
- Provides customer service support to internal and external customers. Responds to inquiries and correspondence; prepares information, reports and other documentation as required. Communicate extensively with management, faculty, staff, students, the general public and outside agencies.
- Processes and monitors invoices; processes purchase orders and financial transactions, as required.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Principles and practices of human resource management.
- Bargaining unit contracts.
- Basic principles and practices of recruitment, orientation and related personnel functions
- Methods and techniques of research and basic report preparation.
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Methods and techniques of business letter composition.
- Standard office procedures and equipment; computer proficiency and technical aptitude utilizing MS Word, Excel, Munis, S2020, NeoGov, FileMaker, the internet, etc.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and related personnel functions.
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Organize and schedule work to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain confidentiality of work performed.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence and documentation.
- Maintain a variety of confidential files and records.
- Analyze data to produce reports.
- Administer various bargaining unit contracts.
- Explain District hiring policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Be sensitive to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
An Associate's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, human resources or a related field; and two (2) years experience performing duties directly related to human resources, preferably as a human resources generalist or recruiter,
Completion of the twelfth grade or the equivalent; and four (4) years experience performing duties directly related to human resources, preferably as a human resources generalist or a recruiter.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.