Director of Educational Opportunity Program
Job Title: Director of Educational Opportunity Program
Job ID: 24479
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3316, Range 1
Department: Educational Opportunity Program
About the Position
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Director reports to the Associate Vice President of Transition and Retention Services. The Director of EOP provides the leadership for the continued development and implementation of the university's overall strategy for first generation, economically disadvantaged or educationally and economically disadvantages students who are accepted into the EOP. The Director coordinates with other success and support services charged with admitting, transitioning, retaining and supporting the academic success of students to strengthen and utilize SJSU's network of programs and services. The Director will provide leadership of a visible, accessible EOP program and publicizing the value and success of the program, and coordinating with community partners to facilitate the success of EOP students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Directs, supervises and evaluates all program services and activities that impact the retention and persistence of EOP students including EOP recruitment, admissions, transition services, advising, academic tutoring and student mentoring programs.
- Manages the academic and administrative support and student workers to ensure a well-functioning program with effective procedures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and communicates a strategic plan for improving retention and graduating rates of the EOP student cohort.
- Develops, implements, and assesses appropriate academic support programs to promote retention and graduation of EOP students, utilizing best practices.
- Collects and analyzes data to plan and write reports regarding deliverables and outcomes.
- In collaboration with the EOP staff, facilitates the application and selection process for the EOP as well as develop support programs for EOP students that lead to their success at the university.
- Oversees the development and implementation of services for EOP, to include, peer mentoring, peer tutoring, student success workshops, and events.
- Consults with faculty and staff, providing expert knowledge and up-to-date data, with the goal of enhancing student success for EOP students.
- Represents EOP to community organizations and the general public.
- Develops and reports program budget in coordination with the Associate Vice President, Transition and Retention Services.
- Analyzes and develops processes to forecast resource expenditures and compliance with budget requirements in a timely manner.
- Supervises staff and monitors individual staff goals and objectives and schedules performance evaluations; encourages professionalism and enhances performance results through scheduling of individual staff meetings; articulates and enforces policy procedures; encourages and supports professional and personal development of all staff. Assigns staff responsibilities.
- Develops and coordinates EOP services and partnership involvement with culturally diverse community organizations that serve communities with high EOP eligible student and parent populations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24479.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.