Fellow for Education Programs
The Community Engagement Fellow for Education Programs, based in the Office of Community Engagement, will support student leadership in issue education, training, and enrichment programs for the OCE’s education programs. This fellow reports to the Director of the Office of Community Engagement. Fellowship starts in August and ends in May (exact dates to be determined when fellow is selected).
• Leadership experience in community engagement
• Ability to advise, train and mentor students and groups, and facilitate student development
• Strong organizational skills for the coordination and implementation of programs
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Experience as tutor, mentor, or other role in education, and knowledge and skills for how K-12 students learn
• Interest in and knowledge of social justice issues in education and commitment to engaging with them
• Interest in college student development and higher education community engagement
• 1-3 years of experience with the above areas
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.