Fellow for Alternative Breaks
The Community Engagement Fellow for Alternative Breaks, based in the Office of Community Engagement, will advise and support Student Coordinators in managing the work of Branch Out Alternative Breaks. This Fellow reports to the Director of Community Engagement. Fellowship starts in August and ends in May (exact dates to be determined when fellow is selected).
• Experience in leadership of alternative breaks or other community engagement
• Ability to advise, train and mentor students and groups, and facilitate student development
• Strong organizational skills for the coordination and implementation of programs
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Experience leading trainings and presentations
• Leadership experience with Branch Out
• Knowledge of social justice issues and commitment to engaging with them
• Experience with supervision
• Interest in college student development and higher education community engagement
• 1-3 years of experience with the above areas
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.