Fellow for Local Engagement
The Community Engagement Fellow for Local Engagement will facilitate campus engagement with the Williamsburg, including efforts to understand and address local community-identified need. This includes executing large-scale service programs and community events, facilitating on-campus discussions, and supporting the Aim 4 students in their community engagement. This Fellow reports to the Assistant Director of Community Engagement. Fellowship starts in August and ends in May (exact dates to be determined when fellow is selected).
• Experience with event planning and managing logistics
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Facilitation of dialogue with attention to controversy with civility
• Leadership experience advising or training students
• Experience working with nonprofits
• Interest in college student development and higher education civic engagement
• Interest in local social issues and community engagement
• 1-3 years of experience with the above areas
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.