CMGM Office Manager
CMGM Office Manager
Job Number: 78078
Stanford's Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine is seeking an Office Manager (Administrative Associate 4) to coordinate all activities of the Beckman administrative office. The position reports to the Associate Director and is responsible for the overall support of the Beckman Center's programs which includes the operation of four large service centers that provide Stanford researchers with access to advanced technologies and laboratory services on a fee-for-service basis. The position will provide complex administrative or operational support with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will have significant events planning and financial/project management experience as well as excellent organizational and problem solving/analytical skills.
- Act on behalf of the Associate Director to prioritize the flow of work into and out of the administrative office from the Beckman service centers. Ensure the timely completion of all requests and resolve problems that are administrative in nature.
- Assist the Associate Director in coordinating meetings, including the service center advisory committee meetings, establishing agenda items, summarizing meeting results and establishing action items. Participate in meetings on supervisor's behalf, inform after the fact.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Assist with designing and updating the CMGM website. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of complex web pages using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) software. Compose and draft all documents and correspondence to invited guests and other participants of the Center's symposiums, seminars, and related activities. Assist with the design, layout, updating and editing of the Center's annual report. Perform substantial research editing and fact checking.
- Handle the online reservation system for both the Munzer Hall auditorium and the Berg Conference Room. Schedule all CMGM meetings for the Director and Associate Director. Set up and schedule all service center advisory committee meetings. Assist service center staff with travel arrangements to scientific conferences as needed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Handle the Center's online Technology Development Seed Grant application system. Independently track and coordinate the application and review process for all grant applications and produce reports for the Director and Associate Director. Use OBI Financial Reporting to produce and distribute monthly financial reports to the service center directors. Make recommendations based on reports.
- Oversee the flow of all financial requests to the administrative office from the service centers including billing files, requisitions, capital orders, and facilities repair requests. Ensure the timely processing of all financial transactions and order requests. Act as Axess Time and Leave Manager for CMGM and assist CMGM employees with timecard related issues. Oversee the personnel files and Nolij database for CMGM employees. Purchase all office supplies and maintain office equipment. Transfer expenses for building-wide services, such as CO2, from the CMGM clearing account to appropriate user accounts. Process all travel reimbursements. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate complex office moves. Plan and coordinate routine remodeling and renovations.
- Analyze and review material and extract pertinent information for briefing purposes.
- Act as Office Manager for all CMGM administrative operations. Oversee the flow and processing of all requests from the service centers including billing files, requisitions, capital orders, and facilities repair. Ensure the timely processing of all requests and financial transactions. The Office Manager will hire and supervise temporary help to handle workflow including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads and setting deadlines. The Office Manager will also contract with outside photographers and graphic designers hired to prepare advertising, reports and brochures for CMGM programs, and coordinate schedules, deadlines and workflow.
Bachelor's degree and relevant experience preferred. Position requires experience with events planning and a strong financial/project management background. Independent problem solving/analytical ability required. In depth experience with Stanford financial systems is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and six years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Proven success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.