EOPS Student Programs Assistant
EOPS Student Programs Assistant
Closing Date/Time: 3/16/2018
Salary: $38,988.00 - $47,928.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide assistance and variety of services to students with special needs, and the general public and students in various funded programs.
- Provide in-person and telephone reception and information services to students, faculty, staff and the general public regarding matters requiring specialized knowledge of rules, procedures, policies, services and activities related to assigned program, including responding to on-line inquiries; provide information on admissions, matriculation, financial aid and registration policies and procedures; refer students to other college services as appropriate.
- Create, maintain and update a comprehensive database of students in assigned program; operate computer and perform word processing functions; assist in maintaining accurate statistics and generating reports from database as needed.
- Perform a variety of general office duties, including answering multiple telephone lines, copy machines, facsimile machines, and other office equipment; utilize computers for data entry, word processing, spreadsheet applications, scheduling of student appointments, and other related applications; format, type and proofread a variety of letters and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials, informational flyers, brochures and other student information.
- May train, oversee, and assist in the selection of student or temporary workers; may coordinate the use of student or temporary workers, including scheduling and timecard reporting.
- Methods and techniques of dealing with a diverse student population, including students with a wide range of disabilities, backgrounds and special program needs, depending on area of assignment.
- Support services available for students with special program support needs.
- A variety of college information, services, policies and procedures.
- Principles of providing good customer service.
- Office procedures, methods and equipment, including basic computer word processing, spreadsheet software and the internet.
- Principles of business letter and basic report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations.
- Make appropriate campus referrals as requested by students.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Work in a demanding environment.
- Organize and prioritize assignments.
- Operate standard office equipment including computers, the Internet, and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Troubleshoot computer problems.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of a computer keyboard.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.