Application & Database Administrator - Ellucian Banner
St. Norbert College a nationally-ranked, private, Catholic, liberal arts college is seeking an Application and Database Administrator for it’s Ellucian Banner Student Information System. This position is responsible for maintaining Banner and Oracle databases for the college and assisting the programming staff with development, implementation, conversion and customization of administrative software solutions.
This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of a Banner and Oracle database on a UNIX (Linux) operating system. Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Banner system is online and accessible to college campus constituents 24/7.
- Keeping the database managed to peak performance, monitoring daily system performance, and tuning the database when necessary.
- Responsible for backup and recovery strategies.
- Installing and configuring Ellucian products as required by the college, such as Banner and Degreeworks.
- Cloning and refreshing databases from the production environment to development and testing environments.
- Managing patches and upgrades to the Oracle databases and Banner.
- Working closely with other ITS staff to insure that interfaces are working properly.
- Troubleshooting various areas of the operating system and the database.
- Acting as a technical consultant and trainer when necessary.
- Maintaining various security grants and roles for the Oracle database structure and within the Banner security construct.
- Performing technical activities related to the design, analysis, development and tuning of the Banner ERP system, and providing related reporting and analytics.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
St. Norbert College, a Catholic institution rooted in the Norbertine tradition, welcomes applications from members of all backgrounds and faith traditions. The College’s mission emphasizes the Norbertine vision of community and includes providing “an educational environment that fosters intellectual, spiritual and personal development.” We seek those who will contribute to our mission and support our commitment to building a vibrant, diverse and spiritually engaged community. MISSION STATEMENT
The College offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan; paid time-off and tuition waiver.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by April 15. However, applications will continue to be accepted until position is filled.
St. Norbert College is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to enhancing the diversity and cultural competency of its students, faculty, staff and administration.