Executive Director, Virtual College
Job Title Executive Director, Virtual College
Job ID 997155
Location Wolfson Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
ADMIN - Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC)
$121,609 - $152,012
Open Until Filled
Exempt - Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
Responsible for the overall management, development and distribution of distance education courses and programs, provides vision, direction, and focused goals for the distance education program; develops, directs, plans, implements, and supervises college initiatives in distance learning and plays an active role in shaping services to distant users. The Executive Director understands the evolving needs of nontraditional higher education students; conducts needs analysis within target populations, and works with faculty and administration within the campuses of the College to identify, develop, and deliver appropriate distance education offerings. This is a Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC) position for which an annual contract reflecting the base salary within the fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) will be issued after ratification by Miami Dade College's District Board of Trustees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop policies and procedures for the management of on-line courses and programs.
- Facilitates the development, review, and revision of on-line curricula and assures their quality and relevancy.
- Collaborates with other departments and/ or units in the College to develop joint proposals for delivery of distance education.
- Develops marketing proposals and manages the systems for disseminating distance education information.
- Initiates contacts, negotiates, and develops collaborative projects with business, external agencies, and/ or educational institutions locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Initiates grant applications and proposals; develops strategies to aggressively pursue funding to support the operation of the distance education program.
- Manages the response to data requests from government agencies, private business, the college community, and the general public.
- Monitors compliance with state, regional and specialized accreditation standards.
- Develops and manages annual operating budgets.
- Coordinates with academic and student deans to support the course scheduling and faculty assignment process.
- Manages the applicable provisions of the negotiated faculty collective bargaining agreement.
- Participates in and oversees the selection and hiring of personnel.
- Promotes the professional development of faculty and staff in areas related to virtual education.
- Participates in mediating faculty and student issues, grievances and appeals.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision to students, faculty and staff.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the College policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Works with Campus President's and other staff to assure college-wide institutional needs are met.
- Promotes an environment supportive of the College mission and vision, student-centered services and teaching excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Doctorate in Education or related discipline and seven (7) years of senior level experience in academic affairs at a department chair level or higher; or equivalent managerial skills and demonstrated leadership and creative accomplishments in the area of distance education.
- Prior distance learning teaching experience or experience in managing distance learning programs is highly preferred.
- Some teaching experience required, preferably at the community college level and through the distance learning venue. Experience in grant submission and management is a plus
- All degress must be from a regionally accredited institute
- Knowledge of college educational philosophy and top management administrative practices and procedures; college curricula and instructional programs.
- Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of major college institutions.
- Knowledge and skill in communicating effectively utilizing public relations principles and practices.
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of technological systems as they apply to instructional, administrative and workplace needs.
- Strategic planning skills to effect change in a multi-cultural environment.
- Skills in employee development and performance management.
- Strong leadership skills that promote dedication, creativity, innovation and growth.
- Ability to develop and interpret financial data/ plans and manage resources.
- Ability to think, reason, and make sound judgments on how responsibilities are completed in compliance with college standards and guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic/ multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees, faculty, staff and community groups
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evening and weekend assignments