Financial Aid Advisor
This position is responsible for counseling students and the public regarding financial aid and managing and maintaining related records.
- Advises students and parents regarding the availability of financial aid, eligibility requirements, and the application process.
- Verifies student financial aid information.
- Processes financial aid applications.
- Reviews needs analysis reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Completes financial aid reports.
- Prints and mails award letters.
- Presents financial aid information to students at orientation and other events.
- Coordinates and implement workshops for students and parents.
- Serves on assigned committees.
- Manages student financial aid records.
- Reviews Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals.
- Monitors continued eligibility of award recipients.
- Processes Federal Work Study.
- Processes state scholarship applications.
- Processes student access loans.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the BANNER financial aid module.
- Knowledge of federal and state student aid online reporting systems.
- Knowledge of need analysis principles.
- Knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Director of Financial Aid assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include federal and state rules and regulations that pertain to the awarding and disbursing of federal and state aid. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied financial aid counseling duties. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to students in matters pertaining to financial aid policies, procedures and processes. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the university's financial aid processes.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, students, parents, representatives of student loan companies, representatives of federal agencies, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Associate's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required; Baccalaureate degree preferred
- More than two years of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.