Requisition # 2017-8218
Department Audit and Compliance
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Executive Assistant provides high-level professional support and administrative assistance to the Chief Audit and Compliance Officer and oversees and monitors the administrative and financial affairs of the overall department.
Primary responsibilities include ambassadorial duties on behalf of the Chief Audit and Compliance Officer such as first-line communications with other university and external offices; managing the preparation and assembly of materials for the Board of Trustees Committee on Audit and Compliance; providing support in communicating with the Committee; managing the complex schedule of the Chief Audit and Compliance Officer; identifying, compiling and preparing visual presentations and other materials for meetings and follow up; acting as a liaison with University administrative and managerial staff, including research and problem solving; maintaining and reconciling department's financial accounts; assisting in special and on-going projects with data collection, compilation of reports and independent research; perform general office management responsibilities, including but not limited to: determining daily priorities; arranging meetings; maintaining office supplies; making travel arrangements; drafting correspondence and memoranda; archiving project and office files/records management, handling inquiries from different sources within and outside the University; and organizing office events.
Seamlessly support the OAC overall, and the other senior staff members in the office, as needed. Consistently strive for a streamlined work environment by instituting, reviewing and updating office procedures; deploying technological solutions; improving work flow and communications.
Represents the office to, and interacts with trustees (as needed), senior administrators, managers, faculty, staff, students, business executives, and distinguished individuals outside the University.
The Executive Assistant requires excellent judgment, diplomacy, and discretion necessary in handling confidential and/or sensitive materials.
In addition, strong organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy; excellent communication skills (oral and written); good editing and proofreading skills; proven comfort and proficiency with technology, ability to take initiative; flexibility; strong work ethic; and dependability. Demonstrated ability to take initiative in anticipating, organizing and planning for cyclical future needs and tasks.
- Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills; comfort in working with people at all levels of the University, including trustees, senior executives and their staffs.
- Ability to establish priorities, work with minimal supervision, work well under pressure, work on numerous projects at once, anticipate schedule demands and meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and/or 3-5 years experience providing administrative support to a senior administrator is also required.
- Specialized knowledge and skills include: working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Visio, e-mail (Outlook), web browsers (Explorer), content management system (Drupal).
- Prior university experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of Princeton University internal systems including PeopleSoft Purchasing, PeopleSoft Financials, Peoplesoft Human Resources, E-Commerce, Concur Travel System, Information Warehouse is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter with your application materials.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.