Requisition # 2018-8527
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Responsible for articulating the mission of Princeton University and conveying its policies and procedures to applicants, parents, guidance counselors, alumni and University personnel.
Resume and cover letter are required.
All officers are actively involved in the selection of the incoming first-year and transfer classes, and assisting with the transition from high school to college; making group presentations at high schools and college nights, as well as conducting information sessions on campus; making public presentations about Princeton University's undergraduate academic and extracurricular programs and resources, and admission and financial aid policies and procedures to a variety of audiences both on and off campus, e.g., to secondary school students and counselors, parents, and Princeton's Alumni Schools Committees; and reading, evaluating, and summarizing applications for admission. Intensive work during the selection process.
Position requires approximately 4-5 weeks of travel, primarily in the fall. Planning, scheduling and implementing travel plans to visit secondary schools and community-based organizations, and meet with Princeton Alumni Schools Committee members. Attend college nights and coordinate regional evening programs.
Involves additional time commitment including weekends and extended hours for at least four months of the year.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Must be able to relate positively to a variety of interests, backgrounds and points of view by using tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment while working collegially in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with and a willingness to learn technology and data driven systems
- Ability to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of challenging conditions
- High energy level
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Resourcefulness, initiative and motivation
- Driver's license
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.