Gleacher Center – Downtown
3035101 Bus-Evening/Weekend MBA Pr/Adm
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- The Admissions Manager is responsible for cultivating a pool of prospective students to the Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Programs through effective use of outreach techniques and recruiting events. Outreach includes phone calls, email and in-person meetings. The overarching goal of this position is to market and sell the programs, increase the number of interactions with prospective students and convert qualified prospective students into applicants.
- Develop relationships with and advise prospective students via phone, email and in-person meetings. Continually improve processes associated with these activities to enhance prospective student satisfaction.
- Manage the admissions email and phone hotline and respond to all inquiries in fewer than two days.
- Conduct resume reviews for prospective students, and provide them with appropriate feedback and next steps.
- Aid in converting prospects to applicants by inviting them to Information Sessions, networking events, Lunch and Learn and class visits.
- Attend and assist at Booth hosted events including, but not limited to, information sessions, lunch and learns, networking events and dinners/receptions across North America.
- Represent Booth at MBA Fairs and forums. Ensure those interested in Booth are added into our prospect database.
- Facilitate personal connections between students, alumni and prospective students.
- Host candidates when they visit campus for interviews and class visits.
- Track outreach and interactions in Slate, our prospect management system.
- Exceptional communications skills required.
- Professional demeanor, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach to the job required.
- Ability to manage a book of business including maintaining and developing relationships with prospective students required.
- Ability to engage with diverse constituent base (i.e., prospective and current students and alumni) required.
- Superior organizational skills required.
- Ability to identify priorities, multi-task, and consistently meet deadlines required.
- Proven ability to manage internal working relationships and interact and communicate with discretion, clarity, tact, and courtesy required.
- Strong public speaking skills preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and Saturdays, including overnight travel required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum one year of related experience in higher education or admissions required.
- Experience with Slate system is preferred.
(NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.)
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/